Laura Miraz, Ph.D., SPHR
|American Baptist Home Mission Societies
P.O. Box 851
Valley Forge, Pa. 19482-0851
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2051
Dr. Laura Miraz’s work with American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) is more than a job—it is ministry and service.
“I see myself as a supportive caregiver and servant-leader to members of the staff and board,” she says. “These are the people that God has placed in my professional life.”
A member of the ABHMS Lead Team, Dr. Miraz serves as associate executive director for ABHMS’ Human Resource Services and liaison for the ABHMS Board of Directors.
Miraz describes her responsibilities as helping and leading people as they seek to fulfill their ministry goals. Whether they be ABHMS staff members, board members or home missionaries, Miraz enjoys providing assistance, guidance and leadership as individuals fulfill their call to ministry and service.
Overseeing all aspects of human resources management means Miraz’s responsibilities range from recruitment, retirement, salary and benefits administration to training, development, motivation and performance. An advocate for employee relations, she is committed to providing a “listening ear.”
Says Miraz: “This is a caring ministry—a commitment to assist persons to maximize their leadership and service potentials.”
- Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (SPHR®)
- Doctorate, Organization and Management; specialization in Human Resource Management, School of Business, Capella University
- Professional Human Resources Management, Villanova (Pa.) University
- Master’s in Public Health, Organizational Management, New York Medical College, Valhalla
- Bachelor of Arts, Barnard College, Columbia University, New York City
- Joined ABHMS as director of Laity Ministries: December 1997
- Appointed ABHMS director of Missionary, Staff and Board Services: October 2000
- Commissioned as an American Baptist home missionary: November 2000
- Birthday: April 27
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHT: