Felecia J. Mitchell
American Baptist Home Mission Societies
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2407
Her role as assistant to the executive director of American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) allows Felecia J. Mitchell to fulfill a heartfelt desire to work for an organization that follows the teachings of Jesus Christ, exhibits love by helping those in need and makes the world a better place for all. “It’s exciting to know that God is using me to help ABHMS be the caring heart, serving hands, going feet and prophetic voice of Jesus Christ,” she says. “I implement and support essential work that changes hearts and empowers people to live boldly for Christ.”
In addition, she assists ABHMS as it builds stronger relationships that lead to effective collaboration on American Baptist Churches USA’s national, regional and local levels. Mitchell served as project manager for the Barnabas Ministry in Overland Park, Kansas City, Kan., in June 2013 and ABHMS’ Future Search Project at the Mission Center in Valley Forge, Pa., in November 2012.
Previously, she was assistant to the business administrator at Childs Memorial Baptist Church, Philadelphia, where she also assisted the senior pastor in land property matters.
Mitchell enjoys anything that makes her laugh, spending time with family and friends, watching movies, listening to music and writing poetry. Her poems appear in the winter 2012/2013 and fall 2012 issues of The Secret Place, the daily devotional of ABHMS’ publishing ministry, Judson Press.
- Undergraduate studies, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Certificate, American Institute for Paralegal Studies Inc., Blue Bell, Pa.
- Certificate, Bradford Business School, Philadelphia
- Christians Writers Conference, Green Lake, Wis.
- Administrative assistance and project management workshops, American Management Association
- Paralegal, Unisys Corp., 2002-2006
- Legal secretary, Woodcock Washburn LLP, 2001-2002
- Legal assistant, Saul Ewing LLP, 2000-2001
- Birthday: Jan. 11