Intercultural Institute for Emerging Leaders
Young adults, ages 21-39, are encouraged to apply for American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ first Intercultural Institute for Emerging Leaders. Slated for September 2019, this innovative cultural-competency training program seeks to provide hands-on, in-depth experience to effectively engage across cultures.
The program aims to do the following:
- Cultivate culturally diverse leaders from across all ABHMS network areas;
- Facilitate the building of alliances across cultural boundaries for ministry and missions;
- Ensure the sustainability of ministries;
- Motivate young leaders to network beyond their own ethnic groups; and
- Promote change strategies necessary to impact Christian leadership across the United States and Puerto Rico.
To be eligible, an applicant should be the following:
- Aged 21-39;
- Active in church or community;
- Actively seeking and embracing intercultural engagement; and
- Interested in multicultural experiences.
What is the commitment to participate?
The program is comprised of three sessions. The first is an in-person gathering to be held Sept. 6-8, 2019 at ABHMS’ Leadership and Mission Building, 1075 First Ave., King of Prussia, Pa. The second and third sessions are virtual meetings for which dates will be announced.
Registration fee of $150 includes two nights’ hotel stay and meals from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch. After participants are selected, a limited number of scholarships will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis to cover a percentage of travel expenses.
For scholarship or other questions, contact Tina Harp at [email protected].