Intercultural Leadership Institute
Young adults, ages 21-39, are encouraged to apply for American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ Intercultural Leadership Institute. Slated for November 2021, this innovative cultural-competency training program seeks to provide hands-on, in-depth experience to effectively engage across cultures.
The program aims to do the following:
- Cultivate culturally diverse leaders from across all ABHMS network areas;
- Facilitate the building of alliances across cultural boundaries for ministry and missions;
- Ensure the sustainability of ministries;
- Motivate young leaders to network beyond their own ethnic groups; and
- Promote change strategies necessary to impact Christian leadership across the United States and Puerto Rico.
To be eligible, an applicant should be the following:
- Aged 21-39;
- Active in church or community;
- Actively seeking and embracing intercultural engagement; and
- Interested in multicultural experiences.
What is the commitment to participate?
The program is comprised of three sessions. The first is an in-person gathering to be held November 4-6, 2021 at ABHMS’ Leadership and Mission Building, 1075 First Ave., King of Prussia, Pa. The second and third sessions are virtual meetings for which dates will be announced.
Registration fee of $150 includes two nights’ hotel stay and meals from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch. After participants are selected, a limited number of scholarships will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis to cover a percentage of travel expenses.
For scholarship or other questions, contact Tina Harp at [email protected].
How to Apply
Participation is by application only. Applications are due Aug. 13, 2021, Applying for the program does not guarantee acceptance. Successful applicants will be invited to register for the fall residency. Registration opens Aug. 18, 2021.