Intercultural Leadership Institute
American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ Intercultural Ministries recognizes that the future of the church in the US and Puerto Rico requires leaders with the ability to engage and serve in multicultural settings as one of the most critical elements needed in their toolbox training. What started as a pilot cohort-model program, the Intercultural Leadership Institute is now expanded to meet this need through a dynamic approach that will be in development and gradually rolling out from 2024-2026.
What is the Intercultural Leadership Institute?
The Intercultural Leadership Institute (ILI) aims to be a premier resource for faith leaders and disciples courageously fostering transformed beloved communities across race, ethnicity, and other cultural distinctions.
Who will benefit from the ILI?
- Faith leaders who seek to be more effective leaders in racially and ethnically diverse settings.
- Young adult leaders who value being developed within an intercultural environment.
- Intercultural leaders who desire to grow their own capacity to conduct intercultural training and consulting.
- People of faith who seek to be positive contributors to transformed beloved communities and more equitable ministries across race, ethnicity, and other cultural distinctions.
What resources are available through the ILI?
Tiered Education Series
- Tier 1: Foundation and framework for intercultural leadership
- Tier 2: Character development and skills mastery
- Tier 3: Equip leaders for the ABHMS ILI Consultancy Network
Communities of Practice
Ongoing affinity groups who gather for peer learning and benefit from facilitator guidance within the scope of distinct types of intercultural leadership contexts.
Digital Media Resources
An annotated resource bank for intercultural leaders offered via an online platform and quarterly e-newsletter.
A network of ILI-aligned trainers and facilitators available for direct training and consultancy with clients.
How can I find out more about the ILI?
Join our Intercultural Leadership Institute Community by signing up to receive information about all things ILI, including the upcoming schedule of ILI program offerings and our quarterly newsletter featuring our online resources. Sign up now!
Or scan this QR code: