Rev. Rebecca Irwin-Diehl
American Baptist Home Mission Societies
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2109
An editor at Judson Press, the Rev. Rebecca Irwin-Diehl develops new book projects, and she loves the creative process involved. She works with an in-house team and, as she says, “inspiring and passionate authors who love the Word and words.”
Irwin-Diehl has worked in various capacities in publishing since earning her undergraduate degree in English writing. As she explains, “Ever since I completed my master’s degree in theological studies, I have found an even more ideal niche in Christian publishing. Again, it is the wedding of my love for the Word with my love of words!”
“I’m excited about seeing increased synergy,” she continues, “between American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ [ABHMS] vision of ‘Transforming Leadership, Transforming Lives’ with Judson’s longstanding commitment to equipping pastors and lay leaders to effect personal and congregational change—in the church and in the world.”
Ordained in 2009 to the American Baptist publishing ministries, Irwin-Diehl is committed to seeing Judson Press thrive as a leading publisher of practical and inspirational resources, especially for pastors and for the multicultural church.
Other than work interests, Irwin-Diehl enjoys viewing her extensive DVD collection, reading, attending Broadway and regional theatre, and collaborating with her musician husband, Nathan, on their own original musicals.
A member and associate minister with Second Baptist Church of Germantown, Philadelphia, Pa., Irwin-Diehl is involved teaching ministries and the gospel choir. She and Nathan have three sons, Ryan, Christopher and Jackiel, and one cat, Tameeka Joy.
- MTS, Contemporary Theology, Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wynnewood, Pa.
- BA, English writing (honors), English literature minor, summa cum laude, Eastern College, St. Davids, Pa.
- Associate minister, Second Baptist Church of Germantown, 2009-present
- Freelance writer and editor, RCJ Editorial Services, 2000-2008
- Assistant publisher, The Other Side magazine, 2002-2003
- Assistant editor/book editor/managing editor, Judson Press, 1998-2002
- Editorial assistant and developmental editor, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (formerly Lippincott-Raven), 1995-1998
- Joined ABHMS’ staff: April 2006
- Ordination: Oct. 15, 2009
- Birthday: Jan. 5
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHTS:
- Founded in 1824, Judson Press is the publishing ministry of ABHMS, American Baptist Churches USA.
- With about 320 books currently in print and about 12 new titles released each year, Judson Press seeks to provide high quality resources designed to encourage, educate and equip disciples of Jesus Christ, as they strive to be like him, and the church as a whole, as it seeks to fulfill Christ’s mission in the world.
- Judson Press resources can be found in churches, organizations, libraries, universities, and secular and Christian bookstores in the United States and internationally.
- Judson Press published titles focus on African American issues, Bible study, Christian living, Christian education, Baptist history and beliefs, church leadership, discipleship, pastoral ministry and preaching.
- In addition to books, Judson publishes Journeys for adult Sunday school classes and The Secret Place, a devotional resource for individuals.
- Information about “ABC Reads” can be found at www.judsonpress.com. Read the book everyone is reading, and get the discount, too!