Rev. Rick S. Bunker
P.O. Box 1000
3001 Street Road
Bensalem, Pa. 19020
As a senior chaplain with Race Track Chaplaincy of America, Pennsylvania Division Inc., Rev. Rick S. Bunker primarily serves Philadelphia Park’s workers, approximately 200 of whom live in dorms on the grounds. With a strong sense of being where God has placed him, he is excited about reaching people with the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ.
“These are forgotten and unchurched people surrounded by churches,” he says. “I am a bridge between them and the church locally and internationally.”
He says that when he ministers to individuals on the backstretch, he is often reminded of Camden, N.J.—to which he refers as a “third-world pocket within the first world”—where he pastored a church for nine years.
“Just as in the church we train others to lead and minister, multiplying the work and ensuring its uninterrupted continuance,” Bunker says, so, too, is he training a few race track workers in chaplaincy services. He hopes to instill a sense of ministry ownership among them.
In addition to his other duties, Bunker is leading efforts to raise money for musical instruments and organize a praise band. “I discovered that many here have musical talent but had to leave behind any instruments they might have had,” he says.
In his spare time, Bunker enjoys exercising, biking, hiking, camping and fishing with family and friends.
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science and Philosophy, University of Southern Connecticut
- Master of Education, University of Wilmington
- Master of Divinity, Palmer Theological Seminary (formerly Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Pastor, Taylor Memorial Baptist Church, 2001-2010
- Principal, First Baptist Christian School and Park Bible Academy, 1998-2009
- Pastor, Fairview Community Baptist Church, 1989-1998
- Ordained: October 1989
- Birthday: June 2
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHTS:
- To learn more about Race Track Chaplaincy of America and ways in which you can become involved, visit www.rtca-pa.org.