ABHMS seeks applicants for second cohort of ‘Co-Creators Incubator’
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 11/2/20)—Individuals who seek to turn their Christ-centered ideas into viable ventures are encouraged to apply to participate in the second cohort of American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ (ABHMS) two-year “Co-Creators Incubator” to begin meeting in April 2021. The application deadline is midnight on Monday, Dec. 7, 2020.
The Co-Creators Incubator seeks to nurture the growth of innovative ministry ideas. While fostering collegiality, the incubator provides creative individuals—referred to as Co-Creators—with resources to develop their ideas or enhance their ministries, pairing them with mentors and introducing them to creative partners who may provide long-term financial and other support.
While a Co-Creator is eager to put ideas into action, he or she may be at any point in the creative process, from brainstorming to launching.
An ideal Co-Creator is the following:
- active in a broadly defined definition of ministry;
- collaborative (willing to partner with ABHMS and other ministry colleagues);
- engaged in ministry that aligns with ABHMS’ mission to cultivate leaders, equip disciples, and heal and transform communities; and
- Christian (if not American Baptist, willing to work with American Baptists).
Co-Creators will be chosen by ABHMS and notified via email by early February.
While Co-Creators will check in virtually with ABHMS and the cohort via the ministrElife online networking site during project development, they will also be required to attend events on the following dates:
- April 12-14, 2021, Kickoff Summit (to be held virtually): Co-Creators will be paired with mentors possessing expertise in entrepreneurship, theological framing, cultural competency, leadership development, program development, marketing, administration and law, and strategic partnerships. This time will be one of storytelling, collaboration and experimentation.
- 18 and 19, 2021, Launch Summit: Co-Creators will pitch their ideas to Creative Partners who may choose to provide ongoing support and opportunities for partnership.
It is to be determined whether this meeting will be in-person at ABHMS’ Leadership and Mission Building in King of Prussia, Pa., or if it will be virtual.
The application deadline is midnight on Monday, Dec. 7. Applications will be accepted online only. To apply, visit cocreatorsincubator.com.
American Baptist Home Mission Societies partners with American Baptists to promote Christian faith, cultivate Christ-centered leaders and disciples, and bring healing and transformation to communities across the United States and Puerto Rico.
American Baptist Churches USA is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with approximately 5,000 congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.