ABHMS is committed to diversity, integrity, stewardship, collaboration and teamwork. Here you will have an opportunity to work with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your own skills.
Each member of the ABHMS team has an extraordinary sense of purpose, answering God’s call to live out Christian faith and transform individuals, congregations and communities through developing Christ-centered leadership, networks and programs committed to witness and evangelism, social justice, discipleship and mission work across the United States and Puerto Rico.
So, tour our site, visit the “About Us” tab. Learn more about our people—their backgrounds and interests—our work and our mission to discern if ABHMS is a match for you. We hope as you discover more about us, you’ll discover more and more reasons to join us.
Please e-mail employment-related questions directly to Laura Miraz, Ph.D., SPHR
American Baptist Home Mission Societies has a vision of a better world. A world transformed by the healing power of the Gospel. A world transformed by passionate American Baptist leaders and disciples who are creating and building ministries that meet human needs. To bring the healing Gospel to our hurting world, we seek new and creative opportunities for cultivating Christian leaders from all walks of life, for equipping disciples who broaden the understanding of what it means to follow Jesus, and for working on behalf of freedom, justice and the biblical ideals of Beloved Community.
Why does ABHMS need a Senior Accountant?
ABHMS is seeking a highly skilled, competent individual with solid communication, organization and analytical skills. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the overall fiscal control of the organization, including, but not limited to, financial analysis, account reconciliations, documentation, bank reconciliations, period close, reporting and budget support. The Senior Accountant must possess expertise in payroll and be technologically savvy. This position reports to the Controller, and is a full time exempt position based at the American Baptist Mission Center, located in Valley Forge, PA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process Monthly and Bi-monthly payroll and related reporting
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts
- Process and reconcile corporate credit cards statements
- Verify coding on all vouchers, expense reports, and cash receipts
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Maintain Fixed Asset and depreciation schedules
- Process monthly journal entries
- Monitor and verify all entries made to general ledger
- Process month end financial reports
- Process year-end close
- Assist CFO and Controller with the annual budget
- Enter budget numbers into accounting system
- Assist with year-end audit
- Create & process financial reports as needed
- Document business processes and accounting procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Commitment to ABHMS mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Detailed-oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong organization skills and able to effectively manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities in a team environment
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications, particularly Excel
- Relevant accounting experience in a non-profit organization a plus
- Recent knowledge of MIP/Abila Fund Accounting a plus.
ABHMS is a great place to work! We offer an excellent compensation package: competitive salary and benefits (health insurance, paid time off and paid sick time, participation in a fully-vested 403b). ABHMS provides the support needed to continue to develop our staff’s knowledge, skills and abilities along their chosen career path consistent with ABHMS’
missional priorities and objectives. We offer a safe, professional work environment located at 588 North Gulph Road in King of Prussia, PA.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017