|American Baptist Home Mission Societies
P.O. Box 851
Valley Forge, Pa. 19482-0851
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2082
“I’m privileged to work with a gifted group of committed Christians in publishing ministries,” says Laura Alden, associate executive director of Publishing and Publisher, Judson Press. “As part of American Baptist Home Mission Societies, Judson Press publishes Christ-centered leadership resources for the transformation of persons, congregations, communities and cultures.”
Alden sees publishing ministries as part of American Baptist mission, which she supports and believes in as a lifelong American Baptist. A variety of work roles in communications, management, public relations and publishing has served Alden well in her role with American Baptist Home Mission Societies. “Publishing is a mixture of a number of disciplines and that is part of the challenge of the work,” she says.
Alden draws motivation from being able to offer quality resources that uphold and advance the Baptist heritage and faith perspective. She also values the opportunity to give voice to Christian communicators and to serve audiences who historically have been marginalized by the mainstream Christian media.
- West Chester University, West Chester, Pa., M.A.
- Bethel College, St. Paul, Minn., B.A.
- Stanford University, Princeton Seminary, Northern Illinois University
- News analyst/feature writer
- Magazine and book editor for religious and educational publishers
- Communications director and manager
- Author of a variety of published works, including 20 books for children
- 1996-1998, Director, Home Mission Communication Center
- 1998-2002, Director, Media and Information Services
- 2002-2004, Assoc. Exec. Director, Communications and Publishing
- Commissioned an American Baptist home missionary: June 1983
- Birthday: August 28
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHTS:
- Founded in 1824, Judson Press is the publishing ministry of American Baptist Home Mission Societies, American Baptist Churches USA.
- Judson has about 320 books currently in print with 12 to 15 new titles released each.
- found in churches, organizations, libraries, universities, and secular and Christian bookstores in the United States and internationally.
- Judson Press published titles focus on African American issues, Bible study, Christian living, Christian education, Baptist history and beliefs, church leadership, discipleship, pastoral ministry and preaching.
- publishes Journeys for adult Sunday school classes and The Secret Place, a devotional resource for individuals.
- Information about “ABC Reads” can be found at www.judsonpress.com.
- Sign up on the website to receive information about new releases or call 800-458-3766.