America for Christ Offering
Carry on the legacy of good works with a monetary gift!
Thanks to a history of generous donations to the America for Christ (AFC) Offering, American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) has provided financial support to American Baptist churches and affiliated organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico year over year. Some examples of the positive impact your dollars have had on our beloved communities:
- Funding direct assistance to the residents of Youngstown, Ohio, that included food boxes, meals for children, clothing banks and distribution of commodities such as diapers, school supplies, clothing, and housewares.
- Funding youth education and enrichment programs as well as senior services that deliverd lunchs, health education and socialization opportunities, and groceries in bulk through a food pantry, among other things, to communities in and around Kansas City, Kansas.
- Funding Rainbow Acres, a faith-based residential community with a wide range of programs for developmentally disabled adults from more than 15 states and representing an array of faith backgrounds including American Baptists.
These are just a few of the ways your dollars provide aid and comfort to those in need; there are many more. Please help us continue to bring healing and hope to communities, families, children and Jesus’ disciples in 2024 by supporting this year’s America for Christ Offering.
In our own words: Why America for Christ matters
Listen to Dr. Jeffrey Haggray, executive director of ABHMS, and Vincent Dent, J.D., the organization’s chief development officere, speak about the enduring importance of the America for Christ Offering to ministries throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Dr. Jeffrey Haggray
Vincent Dent, J.D.
Chief Development Officer
For your convenience, the following links provide access to electronic copies of promotional materials that you can download and print. You may also 0btain physical copies of these same materials by contacting ABHMS’ Office of Development at 610-768-2413.
Because of God’s great love we are not consumed, for God’s compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. —Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV)
When we are lost and confused, when the storms of life threaten to overwhelm us, when we are downcast and in despair, when shadows stretch and hope seems a faint flicker, Lamentations 3:22-23 reminds us God’s love endures and knows no end. Because of this, we are not consumed, for God’s compassions never fails. God’s faithfulness is great. God’s mercies are new each morning.
In the tangle of life’s struggles, it is easy to lose sight of hope. Yet, even in our lowest moments, God’s love remains constant, an unwavering beacon in the storm. God’s love, a boundless ocean, never dries up, never falters. It persists through trials and tribulations, doubts, and fears. God’s love endures and transcends even the limits of our own understanding.
“We must accept finite disappointment, Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “but never lose infinite hope.” Each dawn brings with it new possibilities and promise—a fresh canvas for God’s goodness, grace, and mercy. Since 1832, God has invited the American Baptist Home Mission Societies to paint our portion of that canvas each day—cultivating leaders, equipping disciples, and healing and transforming communities throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
The staff and board of ABHMS seek daily to be faithful to this mission and we thank you for your faithfulness in support. Your prayers and financial giving make possible the program offerings of ABHMS from our Center for Continuous Learning to our MinistrElife platform, from our Co-Creators Incubator for ministerial entrepreneurs to scholarships for American Baptist college and seminary students, from disaster response and recovery efforts to support of neighborhood action programs—these endeavors and more are made possible with your support.
Through the joys and sorrows of life, we rest assured that God’s love is a close and constant companion. In the mission field in which ABHMS serves, we witness daily God’s enduring, limitless love.
Thank you for your continuing support and prayer which sustains our work and witness.
Dr. Jeffrey Haggray, Executive Director
- God loves us. God’s fierce and steadfast love for us remains unchanged.
- God’s compassions never fail. God’s kindness and care for us is consistent and available with each new day.
- Great is God’s faithfulness. God upholds His commitment and covenant with us despite our inconsistency to trust and follow God.
Right-click the desired image and select “Save image as.”
Right-click the desired image and select “Save image as.”
- Cultivating Leaders — strong leaders advance the mission of faith communities.
- Equipping Disciples — broadening the understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus.
- Healing Communities — we believe the power of Christian love can—and will—change the world.
- 59% supports the ministries of ABHMS.
- 12% supports the offering’s promotional and deputation costs.
- 29% supports regional ministries. (ABHMS is the only mission board to share its offering with American Baptist Churches USA regions.)
- Kim Wilkins, Development Coordinator, 610.768.2413
- Vincent Dent, Chief Development Officer, 610.768.2420
- Monique Sadler-Taylor, Director of the Annual Fund and Major Gifts, 610.768.2410
Sample congregational letter
- Grants to churches to fund ministry initiatives such as camps, daycare and youth and young adult initiatives
- Grants to American Baptist seminaries and colleges
- Grants to American Baptist Partners training opportunities, funding of learning opportunities that involve travel and housing, repairs, and upgrade to preserve our critical American Baptist spaces
- American Baptist Regional Offices
Please provide your feedback. We value your comments as they help us to plan next year’s campaign in support of America for Christ Offering.