Victoria J. Goff
American Baptist Home Mission Societies
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2449
Glorifying God is the sincere desire of Victoria Goff, American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ (ABHMS) associate director of Mission Advancement and Passionary Movement.
“I want whatever I do to be about the work of God,” she says. “It is wonderful to help further God’s good work and glorify his name.”
A member of the ABHMS staff since 1992, Goff served as electronic media coordinator for about five years and as Overland White Cross coordinator for nearly three years before becoming national coordinator of Volunteer Mobilization Ministries. She also serves as ABHMS’ consultant to American Baptist Women’s Ministries (ABWM).
“My vision to expand volunteer ministries includes always finding ways to connect with new partners in mission,” says Goff. She sees possibilities for new opportunities for service, with strengthened emphasis on recruitment of youth in particular. “My experience with home mission support has given me a foundation to create even more opportunities to involve volunteers in vital work.”
American Baptist Home Mission Societies is committed to providing exemplary service to individuals and churches seeking to serve Christ and the world through volunteerism. Toward that end, Goff seeks to enhance volunteerism Web pages, increase PowerPoint and media presentation capacities, and introduce new communications vehicles.
Goff co-leads home mission study tours (co-sponsored by ABHMS and ABWM) in her capacity as consultant to the women’s ministries.
Victoria and her husband, Corey, have two grown children. Victoria loves traveling and cooking.
- Certificates in digital media training, Bowling Green State University, Ohio
- National Institute for Study of Digital Media, University of Bowling Green, Ohio
- Undergraduate studies, Montgomery County Community College, Pottstown, Pa.
- Undergraduate studies, Albright College, Reading, Pa.
- Media and information specialist, ABHMS
- Support staff, Reconciliation Ministries, ABHMS
- Support staff, American Baptist Homes and Hospitals Association, ABHMS
- Secretary, Research and Development, ABHMS
- Birthday: May 25
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHTS:
- “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” (Colossians 3:17).
- Volunteer Mobilization Ministries provides opportunity for people to respond to God’s love and to Christ’s commission through intentional service to those in need. Call 800.222.3872, x2449, for more information.