Rev. Dr. Marilyn P. Turner
American Baptist Home Mission Societies
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2016
The Rev. Dr. Marilyn Patricia Turner was born in Rochester, Pa., the youngest daughter of the late Rev. Walter L. Turner and Julia M. Turner. She relocated to the Philadelphia area as a corporate consultant, working with Bell Atlantic and other businesses, before answering God’s call to full-time ministry.
Turner currently lives out her commitment to the gospel of Jesus Christ by serving as associate executive director of Missional Life and Leadership at American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS), Valley Forge, Pa. In that capacity, she provides leadership and direction for the missional ministries of ABHMS, including discipleship, community and congregational transformation, intercultural strategies, caring and prophetic justice ministries, efforts associated with Children in Poverty, and youth leadership development.
Turner previously provided oversight to the development and implementation of effective mission and management strategies for ABHMS. She is an associate minister at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Penllyn, Pa., where she previously served as executive minister and assistant pastor.
Turner is a published author whose works are featured in various devotional and inspirational books, Bibles, and magazines. She is actively involved in many faith-based and community boards and organizations.
Turner loves Jesus, and one of the greatest joys in her life is being called of God to spread the good news of His love, power, and faithfulness. She is convinced that the privilege of being able to touch even one life under the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit is to be blessed beyond measure. Her ongoing prayer is that her ministry will please and honor our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- D.Min., Virginia Union University’s Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology, Richmond
- M.Div., Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary (now Palmer Seminary), Wynnewood, Pa.
- M.S., Organizational Dynamics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Bachelor’s degree, Sociology and Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Ordained: 2001
- Appointed director of Mission Effectiveness: Nov. 2001
- Appointed Associate Executive Director, Program Ministries, December 2005
- Birthday: Jan. 18