American Baptist Home Mission Societies
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2041
A professional writer and editor for more than 25 years, Nadine Hasenecz says she has been a “written word” person her entire life. Always the one friends and family come to with spelling and grammar questions, she even pointed out spelling errors in the grocery store as a child.
This senior writer at American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) now puts her love of working with words to good use writing stories about American Baptist home mission along with press releases, newsletters and website resources. Hasenecz also edits America for Christ Offering materials, information published to www.abhms.org and most anything that comes out of ABHMS’ Communications office.
Hasenecz began her career at The Morning Call, a regional daily newspaper in Allentown, Pa., where she worked for more than a decade as a news assistant, obituary editor and reporter, among other jobs. Following the newspaper work, Hasenecz put her editorial skills to use on the national trade magazines Radiology Today and Social Work Today. She has also directed marketing and publications at Lehigh Carbon Community College in Schnecksville, Pa.
On her days off from ABHMS, you are likely to find Hasenecz at her home in Bethlehem, Pa., with her husband and two Yorkshire terriers.
Hasenecz says she is grateful to be blessed with meaningful work at ABHMS that can help to make a difference in people’s lives, even if only indirectly and in a small way. “I so admire ABHMS’ commitment to social justice. Working at ABHMS lets me contribute to the greater good. It’s more than just ‘a job.’”
- Master of Social Work with concentration in behavioral health, Marywood University, Lehigh Valley, Pa., Campus, 2016
- B.A., Journalism with concentration in graphic design, Moravian College, Bethlehem, Pa., 1988
- Freelance writer and editor
- Director of marketing and publications, Lehigh Carbon Community College, Schnecksville, Pa.
- Editor, Great Valley Publishing, Phoenixville, Pa.
- Reporter and special sections coordinator, The Morning Call, Allentown, Pa.
- Joined ABHMS: Aug. 30, 2010
- Pennsylvania social work licensure: 2017
- Birthday: May 27