Dr. Jeffrey A. Johnson
American Baptist Home Mission Societies
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2406
Jeffrey Johnson is energized about his work, explaining how he enjoys seeing congregations and church members alike get excited about sharing their faith. “Seeing churches move from a maintenance to ‘missional’ mindset, and feel free to think outside the traditional box of evangelism to share their faith, is so empowering to them and encouraging to me,” he says.
Johnson’s work with American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) involves refining and developing the Got Style?™ personality-based evangelism training, coaching members of the National Evangelism Team (NET) with introductory and enhanced NET training sessions, and reading and staying knowledgeable about the field of evangelism as a resource to churches and their leaders.
Johnson looks forward to overseeing exponential growth of NET. “At least 20 percent of our American Baptist churches undergo intentional consideration of contextual evangelism, looking outside their walls into their community and making both a spiritual and societal impact, changing both the soul of the individual and the community,” he says.
“When I’m not focused on work, I enjoy reading, especially related to history. I appreciate things that are old and therefore enjoy antiquing, and I have a particular fascination for old coins and old cars. I own a 1928 Bentley replica,” Johnson says.
- BA, Philosophy, California State University, California, Pa.
- MA, Ministry, Carolina University, Charlotte, N.C.
- Ph.D., Theology, Tyndale Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- ABHMS, 2001-present
- American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania and Delaware, 2011-present
- Senior pastor, Mount Vernon Baptist Church, Hurricane, W.V., 1999-2000 and 2006-2010
- Ordained: Dec. 1990
- Birthday: March 3
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHTS:
- Johnson’s book on Got Style?™ evangelism training for churches and individuals was published in 2009 and is in its second printing.
- The National Evangelism Team is a network of nearly 100 individuals locally and regionally who have received Got Style?™ training.
- Got Style?™ is offered in both English and Spanish.
- For more information, contact: [email protected]