Dave L. Moore Jr.
American Baptist Home Mission Societies
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2385
Holding the position of director of investments for American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) allows David L. Moore Jr. to use his investment management skills and experience for Christ-based mission. He is especially excited about his involvement in ABHMS’ scholarships for both graduate and undergraduate students, the conversion to a new investment accounting system and the Common Investment Fund (CIF).
“I hope to help grow the CIF not only by sound investment strategy design but also by supporting CIF fund contribution development,” he says.
Moore is also proud of his involvement with socially responsible investing issues in conjunction with the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR). ABHMS is a founding member of ICCR, a nonprofit organization that influences corporations by advocating against practices and investments involving tobacco, liquor, gambling, militarism, discrimination, abuse and exploitation.
In addition to his previous positions enhancing his investment skills and experience, Moore believes that his 30-year lay ministry aided his financial administration knowledge as well as his spiritual development. He has served as a Delaware licensed lay Eucharistic minister, vestry member, treasurer, finance committee chair, junior warden and senior warden for the Episcopal Church.
In his free time, Moore takes long walks with his dog, Ralph, both for exercise and to experience nature. He enjoys golfing either alone or with others. He and his wife, Lanny, enjoy traveling to national parks, including Teton and Yellowstone.
- MBA in Finance, Loyola University of Maryland, Baltimore
- B.A., American History/Sociology, Washington & Lee University, Lexington, Va.
- Vice president, treasurer and chief investment officer, AEGIS Insurance Services, 2001-2011
- Director of investments, AAA of Michigan, 1993-2001
- Harvard Advanced Investment Management, Cambridge, Mass., 1998
- Chartered financial analyst, Charlottesville, Va., 1995
- Vice president of Asset-Liability Management, USF&G Insurance, 1987-1992
- Birthday: May 20
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHT:
- Student scholarship information is available online.