American Baptist Home Mission Societies
Work Phone: 800.222.3872, x2408
As managing director of Resource Development at American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS), Curtis Ramsey-Lucas provides oversight for the development of Missional Life and Leadership resources, including The Christian Citizen magazine. In addition, he assists the associate executive director in providing oversight and supervision to seven executive staff members who serve as national coordinators for Discipleship Resource Development; Justice for Children/Christian Center Relations; Evangelism and New Church Planting; Refugee Resettlement and Immigration Services; Missional Church Transformation; Volunteer Ministries; and Indian Ministries.
He is excited to see American Baptist churches and individuals engaged in mission within their communities and various other contexts. “It is an honor to be engaged in the work of an organization with as rich a history as that of American Baptist Home Mission Societies and a privilege to have a hand in shaping the current and future direction of our mission and ministry,” he says.
Previously, he was national coordinator of public and social advocacy in ABHMS’ Office of Governmental Relations and continues to advocate with members of Congress and administration officials using policy statements and resolutions passed by the general board of American Baptist Churches USA. He serves on the steering committee of the Interfaith Disability Advocacy Coalition, the board of directors of the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, and the Justice and Advocacy Commission of the National Council of Churches of Christ.
Ramsey-Lucas spends his recreation time raising four sons. A songwriter, he records and performs as part of The Lonesome Valley Ramblers.
- M.Div., Andover Newton Theological School, Newton Center, Mass.
- B.A., Politics, Fairfield (Conn.) University
- Joined ABHMS: 1995
- Appointed director of Legislative Advocacy: 1996
- Commissioned as an American Baptist home missionary: 1997
- Birthday: July 9
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHTS:
- He is executive editor of The Christian Citizen magazine and author of “Reconciling Liberty and Security: A Bible Study on First Samuel 8,” “Does the Bible Tell Me How to Vote?”, “The Role of the Church and the State: A Bible Study” and “Being a Responsible Christian: A Primer for Advocacy.”